Oh my gracious!! I got an award! My first award! Thank you Casey @ Adoptabookaus for nominating me!
- Thank the people/person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator(s).
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
I’ve never done this before so let’s get this party started!
1. What is your favorite book you’ve read this year?
Oh gee. Why this question? I’ve only had about 11 5/5 star rated books this year and of those, I liked 10. I’d have to say…it’s honestly a tie between The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge and The Boy with Words by C.E. Wilson. Buuuuuuut. If someone threatened to light my entire collection of books on fire (or delete all of my kindle books) I would say The Boy with Words by C.E. Wilson. That book was magical.
2. Most Anticipated Release? ONLY ONE.
Uuggh. Just one? Okay. I PROMISE THIS POST ISN’T JUST A HUGE PROMO FOR C.E. WILSON. But. I’m actually really interested in her New Adult book This is Me. It’s out of the ordinary and not my usual cup of (peppermint) tea, but it struck my interest and I want to read it. Plus, I haven’t found any books in the Young Adult genre that haven’t come out yet that I’m interested in,. Oops.
3. Dinosaurs or Unicorns?
4. What post of yours are you most proud of?
OH MY. What a hard question. Um. I think my review on The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge. I don’t know if it was my best work, but it’s the first thing that came to mind. That post brought me so many smiles.
5. What did you want to be when you were little and would you still like to be that if you could?
When I was little, I really wanted to be a lawyer and I would still like to go to law school and be a lawyer!
6. Series or Standalone?
STANDALONE. (series in only very rare cases)
7. Favorite Genre(s) and why?
Romance and fantasy, I think. I like romance because, (pity-party time!), I don’t have much of it in my life. Mostly because I’m really busy but also because I just haven’t found someone I’m interested in yet. So I love reading romance because I can read about a cute love life between two people without the commitment is enjoyable to me. For now anyway 😉
I like fantasy because I’ve always loved the idea of other worlds and kingdoms and stuff like that. I’ve daydreamed about being a queen of my own universe for yeaaaars. (And I still do)
8. Most played song on your phone or iPod?
Oh geez. Let me look. I recently got a new phone so all my “most played” is gone, but it looks like Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots is the most played, beating Alive by Sia by one!
9. Give us a book recommendation you think everyone should read in their lifetime.
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. I’ve read this book so many times it was always just as great as the first time I read it. I highly recommend it to everyone.
10. Your favorite OTP (one true pairing)
Oo! Oo! This one is easy. Ellen Foster and Cam Campbell from How I Fall by Anne Eliot!! Ellen and Cam are SO cute and I love their relationship. THE best romance book I’ve read for this year.
11. What does reading mean to you?
Reading means to me, all the things and people I am not. I am not a queen nor a princess, I am not rich (yet ;)), I am not magical, I can’t control nature or anything, and I certainly am not in charge of a revolution. But when I read, I can and I am.
Maggie @ Maggie’s Musings
Charm @ charmtheliteraryvessel
Martina @ The Mystery Corner
Maja @ Mayathebookexplorer
Ashley @ Truth about Books by a Fae
Annnd here are your questions:
1. If your entire book collection was destroy except for one book, what one book would you hope was saved?
2. What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading a book?
3. What are two of your pet peeves as a reader?
4. What’s a book everyone should read at least once in their lifetime?
5. Music or silence while reading?
6. What book got you into reading?
7. When and why did you start blogging?
8. If there was one book that doesn’t have a sequel that you wish would, what book would it be? (If that’s confusing, what book do you wish had a sequel?)
9. What’s a blog post you’re super proud of?
10. What’s one sentence worth of advice you would give to another reader?
11. Do you steer clear of hyped/popular books or welcome them?